Tuesday 14 November 2017

Tamagoya: The Best Ramen In Town

Tamagoya: The Best Ramen In Town


          It was served piping hot. The big bowl of Gomoku Ramen, with thick and firm noodles, had shrimps, squid, pork strips, mushrooms, young corn and mixed vegetables on top. Slowly, I began slurping the broth. I was careful not to burn my tongue. The broth was so good that there was no need to add condiments.

         Tamagoya Noodle House, located at Lower Antipolo near the Masinag area along Sumulong Highway, serves the best ramen in eastern metropolis. And that is a categorical statement. I am saying that without reservations. Point-blank, so to speak. And prices are affordable.

         Managed by a Japanese national, Mr.Abe, Tamagoya started as a modest noodle joint next to a Japanese auto parts store. While the car parts store had closed, the noodle house has expanded and, in fact, has occupied two storeys. Customers have been coming in droves and Mr. Abe has deemed it wise to concentrate on Tamagoya.

         I was now slurping the tasty noodles. There was this quail egg partly covered by a pea. No longer mindful if my tongue would get burned, I munched it and, then, partook of the shrimps. As side dishes, there were plates of Kara Age and Yaki-Gyoza. I was now sweating on the forehead. Still halfway, I momentarily stopped and looked at my granddaughter. Smiling, she said: Ang ingay mo, Wowo. Pero sige lang. With that, I was back slurping what to me was the best ramen in town.

- Konted

Tamagoya Noodle House is at V. Soliven Avenue near Sumulong Highway in Antipolo City. It is near the Masinag area.

Gomuku Ramen

Gomuku -Nanban Ramen. This is spicy.

Yaki-Gyoza

Kara Age

Really yummy

My granddaughter Kira

About to start

One shot, pls.

The best ramen in town